Take an August Bank Holiday, a field in sunny Warrington, whack 12 stages in said field with a few hundred DJ's and 50,000 nutters = one heavy Northern rave.
Having sold out, Creamfields bared the big guns of Armin, Tiesto, Deadmau5, PVD, Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath and not to forget the festival favorites Swedish House Mafia.
Rather than writing about all the alcohol consumed (and thrown away by the stupid security guards), hands in the air moments, rain, mud, tent neighbours (I saw one pissing on next doors tent on Monday morning, glorious), hangovers and carparks - I thought I'd just condense it into my own glowstick festival gauge.
- Afrojack - he killed it Sunday morning, waking up to Dutch house can be a great thing! (Unless its Riverside! Thanks for that one Sidney.) = 5 Glowsticks!
- Kissy Sell Out - Kissy was wearing a string vest for a reason, he was on fire! = 4 Glowsticks
- Swedish House Mafia - Although it looked as though Sweden had just won the World cup, people showed big love for the Swedes big tunes and big show. = 4 Glowsticks
- Calvin Harris - last live performance (apparently), his stunt drew in the crowd so he certainly was not alone = 4 Glowsticks
- Grum - some nice down tempo disco notes were a welcomed respite = 3 Glowsticks.